- Sound: Make sure it’s QUIET! (no background noise)
- Camera: Use your phone, ipad/tablet, or camera. (Hold it horizontally, not vertically).
- Lighting: Try to have nice looking lighting.
- Questions: There are a few recommended questions below, but you can ask your own. Just try to keep it to under 5 minutes if possible.
- Editing: Try to add your questions in text to the video. (but if you can’t it’s ok.) iMovie is available for free on any MacBook, iPad or iPhone. There is a lot of free editing software/apps out there.
- Name your video file: Name your movie file with the name of the interviewee such as “firstname.lastname.mp4”
- Upload to Google Drive HERE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LmDrsUSlqtf0oIzQT1AFIN14x1e0NOFx?usp=sharing
- Pat yourself on the back.
Note: It does not matter if the interview is actually a yiayia or pappou! All that matters is if there are Approximately 70+ yrs old, and part of Icarian community. Don’t worry about rules, just do it![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
TRY TO ASK APPROXIMATELY 5 QUESTIONS
PLEASE START WITH THIS QUESTION:
- What is your name and what Chapter are you a member of?
IDEAS FOR OTHER QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- Why is the Pan-Icarian Brotherhood important to you?
- What advice would you give your grandchildren/younger generation?
- Who are your parents, siblings, children, grandchildren..
- Tell me about your childhood. How was it different than your children’s/grandchildren’s?
- Can you share a story where you overcame an obstacle (from your heritage, work, home life, school, friends)?
- Do you have a favorite convention memory?
- Anything else you want to share?